Receive benefits from a sports medicine degree. Learn about athletic training and sports medicine, what is required of a sports medicine major including courses you may be required to take. Sports medicine is very common these days and needed as professional sports become more and more popular. Everyone tunes in to their own favorite sports game and there are trainers, physical therapists and even doctors that will help to keep these professional sports players on the field and the court. When it comes to working within the sports medicine field, an individual is going to learn how to hand a number of sports related injuries that could happen. The individual is also going to learn how to look into the health risks from certain sports so that he or she will be able to direct the player in the right direction. It is very important to make sure to practice the right amount of safety and prevention.
Sports Medicine Training and Education
University sports medicine programs vary, but an associate’s degree is the best way to get started. From there, individuals can either begin working or looking into furthering their schooling. A bachelor’s sports medicine degree is going to allow the individual to get more training and experience. This then enables them to get better paying jobs and positions that they will truly love working in on a daily basis. University sports medicine programs.
Sport medicine classes students might be expected to take are: Anatomy and physiology, musculoskeletal injuries, chiropractic techniques, nutrition and dietetics, orthopedic studies, cardiac rehabilitative therapy, and physiotherapeutic techniques. Other courses may include:
- Exercise Physiology
- Injury Assessment
- Applied Behavioral Statistics
- Sports Psychology
- Health Psychology
Be prepared to pass an exam as well as submit an application for the right amount of state licensing. It is very important to make sure that the licensing is taken care of prior to looking for a brand new position within sports medicine. A background check is also going to be submitted and fingerprints will need to be taken which will come out of the individuals pocket. Be sure to plan for all of this and make sure that there are no blemishes ahead of time so that the process gets approved without any issues.
Sports Medicine Careers
Trainers tend to do the best simply because they can work with the major sports teams as well as college sports teams. With many sports medicine jobs, those who start at the bottom and work their way up are going to be able to get the right amount of pay for their services. Working within the physical therapy field will help players recuperate from an injury that they may have received.
Some career options include working as a sports medicine doctor or sports medicine physician where responsibilities might involve rehabilitation medicine, exercise physiology, nutrition, trauma management, and diagnosing and treating injuries in emergencies.
Other options are sports medicine physical therapy, where sports medicine therapists are state-licensed professionals who generally work in clinics, hospitals, and other health care institutions. Specializations may include: athletic training, ergonomics, orthopedics, orthopedics, chiropractic practice, massage therapy, kinesiology and health, exercise physiology, sports psychology, biomechanics, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and personal training.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
On average, a sports medicine degree is going to allow an individual to make about $40,000 a year. The average salary for sports medicine jobs for 2012 is around $52,000. Median salaries for sports medicine MDs hover around $241,000 while median nurse salaries range around $65,500 a year. The sports medicine salary of course varies with education level and professional experience.
As for the market the next few years, there is going to be about a 37% increase. This is going to open up a great amount of job openings that will be incredibly lucrative. Be sure to interview a few different companies in order to see who will offer the best job opportunities. It is very important to be sure to anticipate the amount of growth that can come after the job has been offered.
A sports medicine degree is surely a great way to get ahead in life. Due to the fact that the expected growth rate is so high, many people have be looking into top schools to study and get their degrees. Begin looking right now so that the right job opportunity is not missed out on.
Sports Science Programs
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Nutrition Science
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Bachelor of Science: Nutrition Science
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing Leadership - Master's
- Nursing Education - Master's
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- MS Sport Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- Sports Management - Master of Education
- Sports Management - PhD in Education
- And more...